LAST UPDATED: 23 MARCH 2022
Welcome to thedustland.com (the “Site”) owned and operated by OliveX (BVI) Limited, a British Virgin Islands company (collectively, “OliveX,” “we,” “our”, or “us”). OliveX provides an online service to play an NFT game (the “Service”). The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to anyone accessing, viewing, browsing, visiting or using the Site and/ or the Service.
Dustland is a distributed application that is intended to run on the Polygon Network and such other networks as we may select from time to time (the "Blockchain Networks"), using specially-developed smart contracts (each, a “Smart Contract”) to enable users to own DOSE tokens and Dustland NFTs (collectively with the DOSE tokens, the “Dustland Tokens”), transfer Dustland Tokens, and play missions.
The information on the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts are not intended for distribution to any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, any persons who access the Site and/or the App while breaking their local laws are doing it on their own initiative and will have to deal with the consequences when applicable.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. People under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site or to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely to your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the App, the Content, and the Marks.
Provided that you own, or get permission from someone who owns an ERC721 and/or ERC1155 Dustland Token, you are granted a limited license to create fan-art which can be used commercially given that you follow the terms set herein:
- Fan artwork must not use our official assets (including the Dustland logo, DOSE logo, etc), but creating derivate non-commercial assets related to Dustland NFTs as inspiration is acceptable.
- The artwork must clearly state “Dustland Fan Art”, link to https://www.thedustland.com/, and link directly to the original asset that is being used for inspiration.
- A Dustland NFT can be used to generate a maximum of $10,000 in revenue before an official license agreement has to be signed. The revenue can come from either fan art (tokenized or physical) or merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, hoodies, etc).
Creating original fan art without monetizing it is acceptable without any license or ownership.
2. USER REPRESENTATIONS
- Scholarship management
- building public tools and bots that facilitate transparency and analysis.
- building private, non-commercial tools which store data for analytical purposes. Note that anyone abusing public APIs by spamming requests will be banned from using such APIs in the future.
(6) You will not use the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts for any illegal and unauthorized purpose. (7) Your use of the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts will not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts (or any portion thereof). (8) You (a human being) will only use one in-game account to earn tokens in any 24-hour period. (9) You, as a Dustland account owner, are responsible for the actions of any players that play on your behalf, and that their actions can have consequences for any connected accounts that you own. (10) You will not manipulate the energy system, such as gifting Dustland Tokens to make use of more energy (this goes under multi-accounting). (11) You have not been included in any trade embargoes or economic sanctions list (such as United Nations Security Council Sanctions List), the list of specially designated nationals maintained by OFAC (the office of foreign assets control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury), or the denied persons or entity list of the U.S. Department of Commerce. (12) By registering an account with us, you acknowledge that and consent to the fact that we and third-party providers we work with may store the IP address you use to access the site. (13) You can only qualify for one leaderboard reward each season
We reserve the right to choose which markets and jurisdictions to conduct its business and may restrict or refuse, at its sole discretion, the provision of Dustland services in certain countries or regions.
3. USER REGISTRATION
You may be required to register with the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
4. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
You may not access or use the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts available. The Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except if agreed to in a binding legal contract with us. In particular, you shall not do any of the following.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
- Use the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, except as mentioned in 2(5).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Use any information obtained from the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
- Harass, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engines or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
- Use the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in any practice that aims to manipulate the outcome of any Dustland mission. All players should play to the best of their abilities and any sort of match-fixing, win-trading, or colluding between competitors is strictly prohibited.
5. FEE AND PAYMENT
Any purchases from the site or marketplace will be done through smart contracts on a Blockchain using an electronic wallet like Metamask or such other electronic wallets as we may permit from time to time (the “Electronic Wallets”). Any financial transactions that you engage in will be conducted solely through the Blockchain via an Electronic Wallet. We will have no insight into or control over these payments or transactions, nor do we have the ability to reverse any transactions. With that in mind, we will have no liability to you or to any third party for any claims or damages that may arise as a result of any transactions that you engage in via the Site and/or the App or using the Smart Contracts, or any other transactions that you conduct via the Blockchain Networks.
Polygon (and other Blockchain Networks) require the payment of a transaction fee (a “Gas Fee”) for every transaction that occurs on the Blockchain Network. The Gas Fee funds the network of computers that run the decentralized Blockchain network. This means that you will need to pay a Gas Fee for each transaction that occurs via the App.
As between us, you will be solely responsible to pay any and all sales, use, value-added and other taxes, duties, and assessments (except taxes on our net income) now or hereafter claimed or imposed by any governmental authority (collectively, “Taxes”) associated with your use of the App (including, without limitation, any Taxes that may become payable as the result of your ownership, transfer, or sales of any of your tokens and assets). Except for income taxes levied on Dustland, you: (i) will pay or reimburse us for all national, federal, state, local, or other taxes and assessments of any jurisdiction, including value-added taxes and taxes as required by international tax treaties, customs or other import or export taxes, and amounts levied in lieu thereof based on charges set, services performed or payments made hereunder, as are now or hereafter may be imposed under the authority of any national, state, local or any other taxing jurisdiction; and (ii) shall not be entitled to deduct the amount of any such taxes, duties or assessments from payments made to us pursuant to these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts (“Submissions") provided by you to us are non-confidential and should become our sole property. We should own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and should be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions to any lawful purpose, commercial, or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation for you. You hereby waive any moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there should be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
7. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND CONTENT
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site and the App such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you should take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and/or the App, and any services provided on the Site and/or the App, or products sold through those advertisements. Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site and/or the App, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or a borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating and suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
10. GOVERNING LAW
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
11.1 Notification of Disputes
In the event that you experience issues with the Services, please contact us first! We strive to improve our services and want to address your concerns without resorting to formal legal proceedings. Before filing a claim, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting us first at email@example.com.
11.2 Agreement to Arbitrate
11.3 Arbitration Procedure
Any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof or any dispute regarding non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (“HKIAC”) under the HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules in force when the Notice of Arbitration is submitted. The law of this arbitration clause shall be Hong Kong law. The seat of arbitration shall be Hong Kong. The number of arbitrators shall be one (1). The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.
11.4 Class Action Waiver
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ANY PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE IN ANY FORUM WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION OR IN ANY OTHER PROCEEDING IN WHICH EITHER PARTY ACTS OR PROPOSES TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. NO ARBITRATION OR PROCEEDING WILL BE COMBINED WITH ANOTHER WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF ALL PARTIES TO ALL AFFECTED ARBITRATIONS OR PROCEEDINGS. IF THIS WAIVER IS FOUND TO BE ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE AS TO ALL OR SOME PARTS OF A DISPUTE, THEN IT WILL NOT APPLY TO SUCH PART. INSTEAD, THOSE PARTS SHALL BE SEVERED AND PROCEED IN A COURT OF LAW, WITH THE REMAINING PARTS PROCEEDING IN ARBITRATION.
11.5 Filing Requirement
Claims or disputes must be filed within one year. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any claim or dispute under these Terms must be filed within one year from the date of the cause of action. If a claim or dispute is not filed within one year, it shall be permanently barred.
11.6 Arbitration Notice
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claims to OliveX (BVI) Limited. If we request arbitration against you, we will give you notice at the email address you have provided.
11.7 Equitable Relief
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THAT THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS AND ANY PART OF IT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SITE, ANY SMART CONTRACT, OR ANY EXTERNAL WEBSITES), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, (III) USAGE DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS WILL BE ACCURATE, (III) THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICES, OR FEATURES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (IV) THAT ANY DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE WHEN YOU USE THE SITE, THE APP AND THE SMART CONTRACTS WILL BE SECURE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU ACCEPT THE INHERENT SECURITY RISKS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION AND DEALING ONLINE OVER THE INTERNET AND AGREE THAT WE HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY UNLESS IT IS DUE TO OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES YOU INCUR AS THE RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORKS, THE ELECTRONIC WALLETS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM: (A) USER ERROR, SUCH AS FORGOTTEN PASSWORDS OR INCORRECTLY CONSTRUED SMART CONTRACTS OR OTHER TRANSACTIONS; (B) SERVER FAILURE OR DATA LOSS; (C) CORRUPTED ELECTRONIC WALLET FILES; (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR ACTIVITIES BY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OF VIRUSES, PHISHING, BRUTE FORCING OR OTHER MEANS OF ATTACK AGAINST THE APP, THE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORKS, OR THE ELECTRONIC WALLETS.
DUSTLAND TOKENS ARE INTANGIBLE DIGITAL ASSETS THAT EXIST ONLY BY VIRTUE OF THE OWNERSHIP RECORD MAINTAINED ON THE RELEVANT BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK. ALL SMART CONTRACTS ARE CONDUCTED AND OCCUR ON THE DECENTRALIZED LEDGER WITHIN THE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORKS. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER AND MAKES NO GUARANTEES OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO SMART CONTRACTS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSSES DUE TO BLOCKCHAINS OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OF THE NETWORKS OR THE ELECTRONIC WALLETS. INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LATE REPORT BY DEVELOPERS OR REPRESENTATIVES (OR NO REPORT AT ALL) OF ANY ISSUES WITH THE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORKS INCLUDING FORKS, TECHNICAL NODE ISSUES, OR ANY OTHER ISSUES HAVING FUND LOSSES AS A RESULT.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You understand and agree that we, our subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors will not be liable to you or to any third party for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages which you may incur, howsoever caused and under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, any loss of profits (whether incurred directly or indirectly), loss of goodwill or business reputation, loss of data, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or any other intangible loss, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree and acknowledge that our total, aggregate liability to you for any and all claims arising out of or relating to these terms or your access to or use of (or your inability to access or use) any portion of the site, the App and the Smart Contracts, whether in contract, tort, strict liability, or any other legal theory, is limited to the greater of (a) the amounts you actually paid us under these terms in the twelve (12) month period preceding the date the claim arose, or (b) one hundred (100) US dollar.
You agree and acknowledge that we have made the Site, the App and the Smart contracts available to you and entered into these terms in reliance upon the warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability set forth herein, which reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between the parties and form an essential basis of the bargain between us. We would not be able to provide the site, the app and the smart contracts to you without these limitations.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, and some jurisdictions also limit disclaimers or limitations of liability for personal injury from consumer products, so the above limitations may not apply to personal injury claims.
14. ASSUMPTION OF RISK
You accept and acknowledge each of the following:
A. The prices of blockchain assets are extremely volatile. Fluctuations in the price of other digital assets could materially and adversely affect the value of your Dustland Tokens, which may also be subject to significant price volatility. We cannot guarantee that any purchasers of Dustland Tokens will not lose money.
B. You are solely responsible for determining what, if any, taxes apply to your Dustland-related transactions. We are not responsible for determining the taxes that apply to your transactions on the App, the Site, or the Smart Contracts.
C. The App does not store, send, or receive Dustland Tokens. This is because Dustland Tokens exist only by virtue of the ownership record maintained on the App’s supporting blockchain on the Blockchain Networks. Any transfer of Dustland Tokens occurs only on the Blockchain Networks.
D. There are risks associated with using an Internet-based currency, including, but not limited to, the risk of hardware, software and Internet connections, the risk of malicious software introduction, and the risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to information stored within your Electronic Wallet. You accept and acknowledge that we will not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays you may experience when using the networks, however caused.
E. A lack of use or public interest in the creation and development of distributed ecosystems could negatively impact the development of the Dustland ecosystem, and therefore the potential utility or value of Dustland Tokens.
F. The regulatory regime governing blockchain technologies, cryptocurrencies, and tokens is uncertain, and new regulations or policies may materially adversely affect the development of the Dustland ecosystem, and therefore the potential utility or value of Dustland Tokens.
16. USER DATA
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts, as well as data relating to your use of the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that release to any activity you have undertaken using the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.